For me Mother Teresa embodies Christian love in action. Her face shines with the love of Christ on which her whole life is centred, and her words carry that message to a world which never needed it so much

Wednesday 17 February 2010

My Recognitions and Awards

1962 - Awarded Padma Shri in by Indian Government.
1972 - The Jawaharlal Nehru for International Understanding
1980 - The Bharat Ratna (India's highest civilian award)
1962 - Philippines- based Ramon Magsaysay Award for International Understanding given for work in South and East Asia.
1969 - Documentary Something Beautiful for God created, film and book about my life
1971 - Pope John XXIII Peace Prize
1976 - Pacem in Terris Award
1982 - Order of Australia
1983 - Order of Merit from US and UK
1994 - Albania my homeland granted me the Golden Homour of The Nation
1979 - Nobel Peace Prize

1 comment:

  1. Something Beautiful For God - Read the book written about My Life from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Something-Beautiful-God-Mother-Calcutta/dp/0060660430

    ReplyDelete